Summer 2012 Rug Review
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/8/2012 2:00:00 AM
The Rug Market America's latest additions to its Resort collection of weather-resistant, UV-coated polyester rugs for the outdoors and indoors include contemporary over-sized patterns like Suzani, seen here, as well as others like Moroccan Tile and Kiwi Fruit.
Surya Inc.'s Lybra collection is a new addition to the company's Artistic Weavers division. Made to look modern yet timeless, it features a chevron pattern originally found on ancient pottery at the Palace of Knosis in Crete.
Company C takes Indian-and English-inspired paisley looks of yore and reinterprets them in modern-day hues on its new High Country collection. A series of intricate swirls, teardrops and richly colored paisleys are depicted in bold, over-scaled designs that are less traditional and more artistic than earlier similar styles - as seen here in the Devonshire pattern.
Kas Rugs' new Optic collection comprises shag styles that are hand-tufted of multi-textured polyester and are manufactured in India. There are six designs in total, including this one called Jewel-tone Spiral, and three area rug sizes.
Nourison offers a different view on the season's rugs with its new Vista collection.
Kalaty Rugs' Artisan Collection, seen here in the sapphire colorway, is a lively assemblage of traditional motifs and patterns with narrow borders for a more transitional appeal. Each piece is hand knotted of 100% hand-spun wool.
Jaipur Rugs is expanding its Coastal Living collection with new hand-hooked 100% polypropylene styles for indoor and outdoor use. New looks take their styling cues from the ruggedly chic aesthetic of a casual seaside lifestyle - such as this piece called Wave Hello.
Capel Inc. gives a regal air to its line with the addition of the new Eminence collection, which is hand-knotted in India and made of wool. Available colors include charcoal, red, ivory, and chocolate, the latter seen here.
Momeni's new Suzani collection is inspired by the tribal Central Asian embroidered textile style by the same name. These rugs are made of 100% wool in a hooked construction.
Oriental Weavers USA takes an exotic trip to Bali with this new grouping of neutral-colored rugs - in shades of ivory, cocoa, cool grays, and blues - accented with pops of bright gold. Made in Egypt, these rugs are machine-woven in polypropylene and are made in a textural loop construction for added surface interest.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...