Philippines' Manila Fame Names Booth Project Director
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/23/2012 2:00:00 AM
NEW YORK - Home furnishings veteran James Booth has been tapped by the Philippines' export promotion authority to head its team of lifestyle designers and marketers as project director for the forthcoming Manila Furnishings and Apparel Merchandise Exchange (FAME).
Booth was appointed by the Philippine Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM).
"Mr. Booth will share his expertise and over 30 years of international experience with the Philippine team of design experts in setting the local industry's strategic direction for export development and marketing," said CITEM executive director Rosvi Gaetos.
Booth's experience in corporate branding and product development includes executive posts at Loftex USA, The Natori Company, Li Fung USA, Frederick Atkins Department Store Group, and AMC/Federated Department Stores.
Aside from his experience in the U.S. market, Booth also had extensive exposure in Asia representing leading department and specialty stores of the world.
"He (Booth) lived and worked in Asia for nine years, making him familiar with the region's design cultures, indigenous materials, and production strengths," Gaetos said.
Booth has formulated a value proposition that defines both the Manila FAME and the Philippine lifestyle export brand as "The Art of the Craftsman = The Soul of the Philippines."
Manila FAME's 56th edition this October will continue its collaboration with three of the Philippines' major sourcing shows: Manila Now, CebuNext, and Bijoux Cebu.
Scheduled from Oct.17- 20 at the SMX Convention Center, Pasay City, Philippines, Manila FAME will showcase furniture, furnishings and decor among its homestyle product offerings, and fashion accessories, shoes, bags and jewelry among its selection of wearables.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...