Kohl's opens 12 new units in 10 states
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/26/2012 12:18:22 PM
Menomonee Falls, Wis. - Kohl's Department Stores today is grand opening 12 new stores in 10 states across the country.
The sites of these new units include: three in Connecticut in the cities of Berlin, Killingly, and New Milford; Savannah, Ga.; Ottumwa, Iowa; Hutchinson, Kan.; Aspen Hill, Md.; Worcester, Mass.; Jacksonville, N.C.; Greenwood, S.C.; Haymarket, Va.; and Gig Harbor, Wash.
"We are pleased to be in a position to open 12 new stores, create approximately 1,500 jobs and invest in our existing store base by remodeling dozens of locations," said Kevin Mansell, chairman, president and ceo.
Of the 12 new locations, 11 are small format stores with approximately 64,000 square feet or less of retail space. Kohl's said it will also remodel about 50 units this year.
Over the last six years, more than half of Kohl's store base has been remodeled or newly built.
The new units offer updated check-out stations; newly designed shopping carts and strollers; upgraded fitting rooms; an expanded customer service area relocated to the front of the store; in-store Kohl's kiosks; electronic signs in all departments; and Wi-Fi throughout the store.
In addition, nine of the new stores were built according to a prototype that received Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification at the Gold level from the U.S. Green Building Council.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...