Macy's expanding in Vegas
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/20/2012 11:18:49 AM
Las Vegas - Macy's will build a 180,000-sq.-ft. store in the Shops at Summerlin, a new outdoor mall in west Las Vegas. The two-story full-line store will be Macy's first new unit in Las Vegas since 1996. It is expected to open in fall 2014 and will serve as a major anchor in the 1.5 million project, which will contain more than 125 stores and restaurants.
Macy's is also beefing up its presence at the Fashion Show Mall on South Las Vegas Boulevard with a 105,000-sq.-ft. Macy's Men's Store slated to open in spring 2013.
When both new units have opened, Marcy's will operate seven stores in the Las Vegas market.
"These two new stores will serve distinctly different customers in the large and diverse Las Vegas marketplace. Our two stores at Fashion Show Mall will primarily serve the 37 million tourists who visit the Las Vegas Strip each year. Meanwhile, Macy's Summerlin will be positioned to focus on the city's resident population," said Peter Sachse, Macy's chief stores officer
We would love your feedback!
No related articles for this topic.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...