Reports: Another ruling in the Macy's/Martha muddle
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/31/2012 11:58:10 AM
New York - A Manhattan judgem who a month ago issued a temporary injunction against Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in regards to developing product for JCPenney, yesterday denied an additional injunction Macy's had sought to bar JCP from taking steps to bring Stewart product into its stores.
According to several published news reports, JCPenney remains bound by the preliminary injunction and cannot carry Martha Stewart products that the exclusive to Macy's.
The Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's is a sizable program covering bedding, bath, tabletop and cookware.
Earlier this year, JCPenney executives said they were looking at more than 3,000 items for the proposed Martha Stewart shop at JCP, which is intended to anchor the home department makeover. At last report, that reset was still scheduled to take place in spring 2013.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...