Walmart to start layaway earlier this year
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/28/2012 12:24:20 PM
Bentonville, Ark. - Walmart is bringing back its Christmas layaway program, only this year with extended dates that will provide shoppers with a 90-day window.
The holiday layaway program will run nationwide from Sept. 16 through Dec. 14.
The 2011 program lasted 60 days.
A down payment of 10% or $10, whichever is greater, is required and is applied to the purchase. Individual items must be priced $15 or more, and the total layaway purchase must be at least $50. Customers who make their final payment will receive a $15 Walmart gift card as compensation for the $15 layaway fee charged by the retailer.
If the order is cancelled or not paid in full, the open fee is not refunded; however, no additional cancellation fee will be charged.
"Last year, millions of Americans relied on layaway at Walmart to provide a great Christmas for their families. Because of their feedback, we're offering the service again this year and making it better than ever," said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer, Walmart U.S.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...