Oeko-Tex plans "The Next 20" textiles seminar
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/24/2012 12:10:43 PM
Greensboro, N.C. - The International Oeko-Tex Association's "The Next 20" industry event will feature a keynote speech by environmental advocate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. as well as sustainability experts, including Nicole Basset, director of sustainability at prAna.
The seminar will take place Nov. 14 from 1:00-5:00 pm. At The Glass Houses, 545 W. 25th St., New York.
Oeko-Tex described prAna as "a sustainability trailblazer" since its founding in 1992. Bassett's work focuses on sustainability planning, corporate and supply chain operations, transparency, and environmental analysis. She's managed several initiatives, including bringing Fair Trade Certified Apparel to market, reducing waste and packaging, and implementing environmental health and safety guidelines for prAna's supply chain.
"Textile and apparel companies will be impressed by the strategic and holistic perspective with which prAna approaches sustainability and the skill with which they leverage their programs to build a very loyal consumer base," Said Jean-Pierre Haug, Secretary General for the International Oeko-Tex Association.
We would love your feedback!
- Jun 26, 2012
- Jul 31, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...