Crown Crafts profit jumps in 1Q
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/15/2012 11:51:03 AM
Gonzales, La. - Exiting an unprofitable bedding program helped propel Crown Crafts's first quarter profits head 70% to $897,000, or 8 cents per share.
Sales were essentially flat - down 0.2% to $17.45 million for the quarter ended July 1.
Company chairman, president and ceo Randall Chestnut said the company also benefited from its "quick response to increases in raw material prices in early fiscal 2012 when cotton prices were at all-time highs. Since that time, we have strategically reduced our dependence on cotton by successfully redesigning some of our product lines. We also selectively increased prices where appropriate, which positively impacted our bottom line."
We would love your feedback!
No related articles for this topic.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...