NYIGF names four emerging designers in hand-made goods
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/10/2012 2:02:38 PM
White Plains, NY -- Four up-and-coming designers and makers of handmade gift and lifestyle products will make up the new "Emerging Designer Maker" platform in the Handmade Designer Maker division at the summer 2012 New York International Gift Fair (NYIGF).
Handmade will showcase 340 limited-production makers in multiple categories and media resources from around the world at New York City's Jacob K. Javits Convention Center's Javits Center North.
Winner Bozena Golebiowska of Tanti Colori creates one-of-a-kind home accessories, including pillows and wall pieces, from natural fabrics, such as European linen, 100% cotton and silk. Based in Madison, Conn., she uses traditional patchwork and appliqué methods with a modern approach.
Three Tanti Colori lines of handcrafted pillows and wall art will be shown at NYIGF, including the "Organic" and "Leaves & Dots" pillow collections, and the "Flying Leaves" wall hanging.
The other three winners include Jordan Castro of Culinarium, which makes products for cooking and entertaining; Lindsey Lee of LeeLABS, which makes clocks; and Dana Rudie of Politique, which makes handbags and portfolio cases.
We would love your feedback!
- Feb 24, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...