Darragh Says Yes to the (Non-Traditional) Dress
Jill Rowen -- Home Textiles Today, 8/1/2012 12:38:38 PM
Brooklyn, N.Y. - Beth Darragh, owner of LDP and a well-known textile showroom designer, will be featured on an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress" on Aug. 3 at 9:30 p.m. The show, a popular staple on TLC, shows brides and some bridezillas shopping for that special dress for their wedding day.
Eschewing the cream colored lace, satin, beading and pearls, Darragh had another idea and went on the show looking for the most untraditional dress. Think black.
"They didn't know what to do with me at first; there was not a lot to choose from," noted Darragh. "But once they understood what I was going for, it was like magic. We had fun and they were so professional." The show was filmed at New York's famed Kleinfeld's.
The dress she ultimately chose was a striking red number. "I told everyone, it didn't matter what I said I wanted, I'd know it when I saw it," she said. "I approach design the same way. I have a concept for a showroom, but then you have to see w
We would love your feedback!
- Oct 13, 2012
- Oct 8, 2012
- Sep 17, 2012
- Jul 16, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...