June Comps Miss Redbook Target
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/9/2012 2:00:00 AM
NEW YORK - Same-store sales rose 2.2% year-over year in June, failing to hit the 2.9% increase projected by Johnson Redbook Retail Sales Index.
Month-over-month, comps were up 0.2%. Redbook had expected a 0.9% increase. In the final week of June, ended June 30, comps were up 1.7% following a 1.9% gain the prior week. Redbook analyst Catlin Levin called the results "disappointing, though not particularly surprising, sub-performing month." She added: "The softer week partly due to the fourth of July holiday delaying shopping as well as calendar comparisons (July 4 is on Wednesday compared to Monday last year)."Redbook's preliminary target for July is year-over-year same-store sales growth of 2.6%. Levin noted that July sales volume tend to relatively slow and clearance-driven.
Johnson Redbook Index
Fifth week of June, year-over-year % change
*Including chain stores and traditional department stores
Source: Johnson Redbook Index
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...