New IMC Structure Merges Las Vegas, High Point Marketing Groups
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/9/2012 2:00:00 AM
HIGH POINT, N.C. AND LAS VEGAS - Officials with International Market Centers announced a new marketing structure that merges High Point and Las Vegas marketing resources into an integrated corporate entity.
"The purpose of the realignment is to create a strong, innovative, and collaborative marketing team that can optimize opportunities and efficiencies across High Point and Las Vegas. The new marketing structure provides direct services oriented to our customers and our leasing teams," said Scott Eckman, IMC's chief marketing officer/chief strategy officer. "As we move forward, we will establish three core groups within the IMC marketing division: the strategic planning group which will be aligned to support IMC's primary channels, home furnishings and gift & home décor, the marketing communications group which executes marketing strategies and tactics and manages IMC's multimedia channels, and a publication and sponsorship team. We believe strongly that our customers will be better served by our new structure which drives partnership, consistency and stronger leverage in the marketplace."
Karen Olson, located in High Point, will serve as the new vp of marketing for Home Furnishings. Olson will be responsible for creating marketing strategies that drive value for IMC through occupancy and buyer attendance, as well as supporting IMC's home furnishings tenants. She reports to Eckman.
Carolyn Martin, formerly a brand manager at World Market Center Las Vegas, has been promoted to marketing director for home furnishings, reporting to Olson. The company will appoint a vp of marketing for gift and home, a newly created position, which will also report to Eckman.
Dana Andrew, based in Las Vegas, becomes the vp of the newly formed Global Marketing & Communications team, which will be responsible for acting as a best-in-class, in-house marketing agency for all IMC brands. Reporting to Eckman, Andrew will be responsible for activating the marketing plans across IMC's entire platform-in High Point and Las Vegas, and for both Home Furnishings and Gift/Home Décor.
Sarah Mount has been named director of content and interactive media and reports to Andrew. In this role Mount will be responsible for leading the development and distribution of content across all channels and all four markets. Additionally, four new positions have been announced in the global marketing & communications group including database marketing manager, social media/public relations manager, project manager and graphic/web designer.
John Emerick will join the marketing team as IMC's director of advertising, a new position. Emerick, also reporting to Eckman, will be responsible for sales, production of publications and sponsorships. He comes to IMC with more than 20 years of B2B senior level leadership experience in marketing, advertising and publishing.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...