Most Zellers stores to close next spring
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/27/2012 12:46:15 PM
Toronto - Hudson Bay Company plans to close most of the remaining 64 Zellers units in spring 2013, according to reports from several Canadian newspapers.
HBC sold 279 Zellers units to Target last year. Target sold off some of the locations, but plans to rebrand the remainder at Target. It recently announced the locations of 126 stores that will open during 2013.
The Vancouver Sun quoted an HBC spokewoman as saying the company might reopen some of the Zellers units under another brand.
HBC also owns The Bay and Home Outfitters in Canada as well as Lord & Taylor's in the U.S.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...