Retail legend Marvin Traub, 87
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/11/2012 4:31:45 PM
New York - Local papers this afternoon are reporting the death of long-time tastemaker Marvin Traub, who was credited with transforming Bloomingdale's into a glittering retail emporium.
Traub, 87, had been battling bladder cancer and reportedly died at his home here. He also founded a charity to raise money and awareness, called Pin Down Bladder Cancer.
Traub joined Bloomies out of college and worked his way up the organization, becoming president in 1969 and chairman in 1978.
After his retirement, he founded Marvin Traub Associates, a retail consulting firm which was also involved in assembling the partnership that put Bloomingdales into Dubai in 2010.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...