Burlington Coat Factory pares back loss
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/13/2012 11:48:28 AM
Burlington, N.J. - Burlington Coat Factory dramatically narrowed its first quarter loss to $3.9 million compared to a net loss of $21.0 million in the year-ago quarter.
Sales rose 5.7% to $53.3 million, with comps edging up 0.6%.
Tom Kingsbury, ceo, said inventory turn was 14% faster during the quarter ended April 28 and the retailer reduced the amount of aged inventory by 15%.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...