PBS' Downton Abbey poised to become home, lifestyle brand
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/7/2012 11:18:20 AM
Las Vegas - Knockout Licensing Co. has been appointed by NBCUniversal International Television Production to launch and manage the licensing program for the Downton Abbey entertainment brand in the U.S. and Canada.
The Emmy and Golden Globe Award winning British television series will begin its third season in January 2013. The period drama is PBS's most-watched program since the Ken Burns documentary "National Parks" premiered in 2009.
Knockout Licensing said it is seeking manufacturing and retail partners to launch the brand into North American markets through key product categories including bedding and bath, home furnishings, home décor, housewares, kitchenware "and other appropriate products" such as apparel, accessories, bags, etc.
"Audiences around the world have connected with Downton Abbey and the reaction from American viewers has been incredible," said Brad Wald, chief commercial officer, NBCUniversal International Television Production. "The Knockout team understands the Downton Abbey brand and we are looking forward to working with them to develop a strong licensing program that brings to life the Downton experience."
Knockout Licensing co-president Carole Postal said she has been a Downton Abbey fan since the first season. "I love the writing, the fashions, the décor, and everything else about the story and setting that makes Downton Abbey such a compelling brand for licensing."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...