Costco keeps up momentum in 3Q
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/24/2012 12:36:11 PM
Issaquah, Wash. - Costco Wholesale Corp. produced double-digit increases for both the third quarter and year to date in net income, complemented by fair increases in sales and comps.
Net income for the quarter, ended May 6, grew 19% to $386 million, or 88 cents per diluted share.
Sales climbed 8% to $21.85 billion. Comps, excluding a positive impact from gas prices and a negative impact from foreign currencies, were up 4% in the U.S. and 5% for the total company over the 12 weeks.
Year-to-date net income increased 12% to $1.10 billion, or $2.50 per share.
Net sales for the 36 weeks rose 10% to $65.54 billion. Comps, excluding a positive impact from gas prices and a negative impact from foreign currencies, grew year to date by 6% in the U.S. and 7% for the total company.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...