Umbra to receive industry achievement award
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/16/2012 12:11:02 PM
New York - Umbra and its co-founders, Les Mandelbaum and Paul Rowan, will receive the Gift for Life Industry Achievement Award during 60th Annual Retailer Excellence Awards (REA) sponsored by HTT sister publication Gifts and Decorative Accessories on Aug. 19, at the Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers in New York City.
The company began in 1979 with a single design of printed paper window shades and is now the creator of such design icons as the Garbino trash can that sits in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art, as well as several other designs that have received international design recognition.
"Les and Paul's dedication to design excellence and decades of product stewardship make them worthy recipients of this honor," said Leslie Nathan Street, chair of the Gift for Life board.
Tickets to attend the REAs are $185 and include cocktails and dinner, and are available through www.giftsanddec.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...