NYIGF Brings Back "100 Days Of Design" Blog This Summer
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/30/2012 2:00:00 AM
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - The New York International Gift Fair's "100 Days of Design" community-based blog will return this summer with a modified format highlighting the design driven products at the upcoming NYIGF as well New York City attractions and entertainment.
The blog's summer 2012 edition, which is accessible at www.100DaysofDesign.com, will be published twice weekly beginning on May 1, and will run through August 18-22, 2012, at New York City's Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and Passenger Ship Terminal Piers.
"When the 100 Days of Design blog launched last October, it featured a wide variety of perspectives on design. For summer 2012, it is expanding to include service-oriented content connected with NYIGF and New York City" said Christian Falkenberg, NYIGF director and GLM vice president. "The 100 Days of Design blog nicely complements NYIGF's design-driven and fashion-forward exhibits, and related education and events planned for the summer 2012 market."
Each week leading up to NYIGF, the blog will spotlight different product categories - such as accessories, gourmet, craft, home furnishings and stationery - as well as market trends, including sustainability, "made in the USA" and more.
One weekly post will feature product introductions, as well as related New York City attractions such as exhibitions and attractions, hot restaurants, intriguing shops and other distinctive experiences, which are relevant to the theme.
A second weekly post will feature perspectives and predictions connected with the theme from invited guest authors. Notable contributors during the winter 2012 100 Days of Design included Karim Rashid, Jaime Salm of MIO, Les Mandelbaum of UMBRA and Alan Heller of Heller Inc.
At the conclusion of the summer 2012 NYIGF, 100 Days of Design will feature a collection of NYIGF reports from notable bloggers, trend-watchers and design influencers. It will recap market highlights and share notable NYIGF posts from the blogosphere.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...