Mohawk Home expands reach to consumers with growing Pinterest participation
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/23/2012 12:39:15 PM
Calhoun, Ga. - It's been two months since Mohawk Home joined Pinterest, and the company has already garnered almost 500 followers for its online pinboards on the site.
Mohawk Home joined Pinterest in late February and set up its Pinterest.com/mohawkhome page to create and post a series of virtual cork boards arranged by style and by room.
The company said it presents categories "set up for easy inspiration," such as "Traditional Rugs by Mohawk Home" - a board depicting an array of rug images, professional vignette shots or home snap shots of some of Mohawk Home's most popular traditional rug styles for the home.
And Mohawk Home's pinboards set up by room allow bloggers or other site users to pin their own new Mohawk Home additions to a series of boards, like "Kitchen Rugs by Mohawk Home" or "Home Office Flooring by Mohawk Home."
Mohawk Home's director of e-commerce Jennifer Palmer noted that "Getting inspiration from others homes and sharing ideas is the new age of decorating. We love to show our followers our new products and how they look throughout the home. We encourage our fans to post and comment on our boards. It's amazing to see the before and after transformations posted by bloggers for bath rooms and living spaces in their home. Our slogan is ‘Mohawk Makes the Room', but this truly shows you how."
The company's Pinterest participation is part of Mohawk Home's greater effort to be more involved in social media. In 2011 the company launched a revamped its website at www.mohawkhome.com, which it then linked to its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/mohawkhome, its Twitter account at www.twitter.com/mohawk_home, and its YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/mohawkhome.
"Mohawk Home is committed to be being innovative and on the cutting edge of style, technology, and social media" said Bill Kilbride, president of Mohawk Home. "Through our current social media channels we have been able to reach end use consumers and listen to their feedback like never before. We plan to continue to be the proactive leader in our industry through technology."
Mohawk Home also plans to use Pinterest as a venue to host product promotions.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...