Survey: Consumers like being green, but not paying more for it
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/19/2012 12:30:12 PM
Austin, Texas - Just ahead of Earth Day on April 22, a new consumer survey upholds a long-running retail trend: 59% of consumers are unwilling to pay more for eco-friendly products, even though nearly half (46%) said they are more inclined to buy such a product compared to a rival product without an environmentally friendly profile.
The Shoppers Trend Report from online coupon site RetailMeNot.com and Ipsos Public Affairs found that while 71% of consumers feel they are aware of the positive and/or adverse environmental impact of the products they purchase, 43% said that while they are actually making those purchases they are not considering environmental impact.
Women are more likely than men to buy eco-friendly merchandise - so long as it's convenient and the price is acceptable (45% vs. 36%). Demographically, those more likely to buy green include college graduates (55%), Northeasterners (54%), adults under 35 (53%) and households with children (50%).
The survey polled 1,016 adults from April 4-6.
So this article says,"a new consumer survey upholds a long-running retail trend: 59% of consumers are unwilling to pay more for eco-friendly products, even though nearly half (46%) said they are more inclined to buy such a product compared to a rival product without an environmentally friendly profile" so if 59% won't pay more that means 41% are willing to apy more? Hmm . so in my mattress industry does this mean with 20 million units sold in 2011 possibly 8 million mattress sales could mean a "green" conscious purchase form consumer who might pay more for a legitimate claim?Dale T. Read - 2012-04-21 09:54:36 EDT
This website Printapons and retail me not very beneficial to increasing the speed of online shopping as well as the ease of finding the best price and coupons, which is the whole reason for shopping online.friedageorge - 2012-04-20 08:01:03 EDT
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...