WithIt to host panel discussions, new networking event at High Point
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/16/2012 12:49:23 PM
As WithIt explained, "consumers have emerged from challenging economic times with new values, as well as empowering tools to express their wants, aspirations and preferences."
With that in mind, WithIt's semi-annual "Education Breakfast" will include a panel discussion that examines "The American Lifestyle Landscape." It is scheduled April 22, at 7:30 a.m. in the IHFC Green Wing, 11th Floor, International Ballroom A.
Syndicated writer Elaine Markoutsas, designer and blogger Jason Oliver Nixon, and Traditional Home senior style editor Krissa Rossbund will be the event's panelists. The moderator will be the former president of WithIt -- Kathy Wall of Media Matters.
The panelists will share "the next big things for 2012, and how these cultural shifts may influence home and furnishings businesses this year and beyond," WithIt said.
Also on the agenda for WithIt during market: The nonprofit and IMRE will examine how designers, media and brands are using Pinterest to build culture and collaboration in the home design space.
IMRE's vp of social marketing, Crystalyn Stuart, will provide insight about how brands can integrate Pinterest as part of a larger social discovery strategy. And a panel of industry experts will share their Pinterest perspective and discuss how the platform is influencing the design industry.
Dubbed "Competitive Intelligence: The Power of Pinterest," this event is set to be held from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. April 23, at Natuzzi Americas Theatre, 130 W. Commerce Ave., High Point, N.C.
"WithIt's goals for 2012 include increasing the organization's visibility and engagement via social media channels," said WithIt 2012 president Julia Rosien, of SocialNorth.com. "Featuring a speaker well-versed in Pinterest during our Competitive Intelligence segment will help our membership learn the strategies, tactics and skills needed to move forward together as a group."
And for the first time, this market WithIt will also host its new informal networking event "Drinks with the Prez." WithIt members are invited to meet Rosien on April 20 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Seasonal Living showroom, IHFC Innerhall, space 306.
Both the Educational Breakfast and Competitive Intelligence are free, but space is limited. To register for the Educational Breakfast, email Holly Allred at firstname.lastname@example.org; for Competitive Intelligence, email Sarah Findle at email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.withit.org.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...