Pem America Emphasizes Broader Range
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/19/2012 2:00:00 AM
NEW YORK - Pem America has long been known for its prowess in doing private label for a price, but it turned up the volume on its brands and designs for the better segment of the business at this month's market
Those include Vince Camuto, the co-founder of Nine West who also designers for Tory Burch and Jessica Simpson; Carolyn Westbrook, the Texas designer known for romantic motifs; Steven & William, Brooklyn-based artists who specialize in recycling discarded items; and the new Jackie collection launching this market based on the designs of Jackie McFee, whose colorful products for back-to-school and office supply are sold everywhere from Walmart to Staples.
Many of the brands are positioned to offer queen comforter sets in the $250 range, according to Harry Kartus, senior vp of marketing. "Growing with this market is going to be very important," he added.
In the Vince Camuto line, all comforters are overfilled, overstuffed and reversible. Carolyn Westbrook features comforters designed to look like duvets and boast a lot of yardage in ruffles. Steven & William has an organic feel, exhibiting the handcrafted appeal of Anthropologie looks minus boho femininity.
Pem America is also spotlighting its own better brands - Black Label and Details - which are positioned to retail at $200 for a four-piece set.
In addition, the company is introducing Keith Kimberlin in accessories. Kimberlin's photos of puppies and kittens - big sellers in the poster word - are being shown on dec pillows and throws.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...