Hughes to Retire From Gallerie II
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/4/2012 2:00:00 AM
NEWPORT NEWS, VA. - Gallerie II, a division of C&F Enterprises Inc., is bidding farewell to one of its founders and the company's marketing director, Kay Hughes, as she is retiring after 15 years with the company and a 40-year career in the gift and home décor industry.
Over four decades, Hughes worked on both the retail side and with suppliers. She held positions at Carson Pirie Scott & Co., Silvestri Corp., Wilton Enterprises and Holiday Gallery before she joined C&F Enterprises to manage the then-startup of Gallerie II.
She started her career as a trainee at Carson Pirie Scott & Co. in Chicago and soon became a buyer, eventually buying stationery and trim-a-tree goods, which started her love affair with Christmas. Hughes was appointed to the AMC Trim A Home buying committee and made several overseas trips as an adviser.
Hughes then made the transition from retail to wholesale when she joined Silvestri as a buyer and product development manager. After a few years in the housewares industry with Wilton Enterprises, she moved back into Christmas product with Noma and started Holiday Gallery, an upscale Christmas product line. Then, when Holiday Gallery was sold to Midwest of Cannon Falls, Hughes moved to Virginia to join C&F as marketing director for the launch of Gallerie II.
Working at "the helm of Gallerie II" for 15 years, the company credits Hughes "with its success as a leading home accessories player in the wholesale holiday marketplace," noted Kimberly Haden, marketing communications manager for C&F Enterprises/Gallerie II.
"When I graduated from college, I expected to be an apparel buyer," Hughes said. "My first job was in the home store and I never left. I have no regrets as I have had the privilege to work with many outstanding people in the gift and home décor industry, both in the U.S. and overseas, and I am pleased to call many of them my friends."
Hughes said she can be contacted through social media channels LinkedIn and Facebook.
We would love your feedback!
- Nov 28, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...