Young designers lauded in Design-A-Throw competition
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/16/2012 8:59:54 AM
Janesville, Wis. - Monterey Mills, a supplier of knitted pile fabrics, has announced its winners for the 2011 Design-A-Throw Contest hosted by its Denali Home Collection division.
Jennifer Salmon, a student at the Savannah College of Art & Design, took first place and the $2,000 prize. Her design has been incoporated into the Denali collection and is now available for purchase, according to the company.
Second place and $1,000 went to Abigail Mackenzie, a student at Central Michigan University.
The remaining winners are all Savannah students: Ciarah Coenen, third; Molly Dimefski, fourth; and Sharon Little, fifth.
"Our goal was to utilize the talents of students to develop new designs into the line. We were not only overwhelmed by the response from numerous design schools that participated but were also amazed at the level of creativity," states Daniel Sinykin, president and ceo.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...