Mohawk shines spotlight on products, company initiatives include new batch of short videos
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/8/2012 11:57:40 AM
At the New York Market - Looking to better educate consumers about its products as well as present itself as a good corporate citizen, Mohawk Home has created - and is continuing to develop - a series of short videos the company is airing on its website and on social media.
Already, Mohawk has created product videos for several categories, including scatter, printed, kitchen, bath, woven, tufted, door mats and rug pads. There are more in development about these topics as well as others.
The product videos run for about one minute each and are designed to educate shoppers about the attributes of different rugs and their many possible decorative and utility functions throughout the home -- "things that we might take for granted and sometimes seem obvious, but aren't really. Our videos are short and sweet and to the point."
Broader and slightly longer videos are also part of this strategy. Mohawk Home recently released is "Made in the USA" video, in which the company touts not only its domestic production capabilities but its employees' sense of pride in working for an American manufacturer.
A similar new video in the works will center on Mohawk Home's sustainability efforts - past, present and future.
Mohawk's first video, released about six months ago, was about helping consumers find the right-sized rug for their rooms. It was made to support and reinforce the company's "Mohawk Home Makes the Room" tag line
Featured online at the company's website and then on its social media site, including Facebook, the initial video was "a big hit for us," prompting the company to explore more such videos, said director of marketing and product merchandising Jeff Seagle.
"We're attempting to reinforce the message that Mohawk Home is more than a manufacturer. We're really a business partner and we pride ourselves in that," he explained.
We would love your feedback!
- May 12, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...