NYIGF shortens by one day
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/29/2012 12:10:39 PM
White Plains, N.Y. - Effective with the August 2012 show, the New York International Gift Fair (NYIGF) will reduce its number of show days by one day. Show management GLM made the decision based on the results of a recent exhibitor survey regarding the length of the NYIGF.
"An overwhelming majority (85%+) of exhibitors surveyed are in favor of reducing the length of the fair by one day," said Dorothy Belshaw, NYIGF director and GLM senior vice president. "Based on daily traffic and attendance patterns over the past few shows, we anticipate that attendance will not be affected negatively by this change."
The Summer 2012 NYIGF will run Saturday, Aug. 18 through Wednesday, Aug. 22, with staggered openings and closings remaining in effect.
Following is a breakdown of the specific dates, hours and locations for each division:
• August 18 - 21 (Saturday - Tuesday) - At Home, Pier 94; New York's Newest, Pier 92; Handmade Designer Maker and Handmade Global Design, Javits Convention Center. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily; 5 p.m. closing on Tuesday, August 21.
• August 19 - 22 (Sunday - Wednesday) - Accent on Design, At Home Textiles, Baby & Child, EXTRACTS, General Gift, The Gourmet Housewares Show at NYIGF, Personal Accessories featuring Details, Studio, Tabletop, all at Javits Conventions Center. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily; 2 p.m. closing on Wednesday, August 22.
These changes do not impact the summer 2012 launch of Artisan Resource, a new artisan production-sourcing event for U.S.-based importers, direct import retailers and wholesalers, which will debut alongside NYIGF Monday, August 20, through Wednesday, August 22, the Javits Convention Center.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...