Macy's launches new Facebook page
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/29/2012 11:35:53 AM
New York - In conjunction with Facebook's fMC event for marketers, Macy's today unveiled the its new Facebook page, which shifts to the social media site's new page format.
The page, at facebook.com/macys, provides the history of Macy's brand as well as the company's current news and initiatives using "the more visual and dynamic storytelling of Page timeline," the retailer said.
"Storytelling is such an intrinsic part of Macy's DNA, and Macy's Facebook Page allows us to give our fans a platform where they can share their own stories and memories about their experiences at Macy's - whether shopping for a special outfit, visiting Santa or watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with family," said Martine Reardon, chief marketing officer.
Visitors to and fans of Macy's Facebook Page will notice several changes from the former page, including: an oversized visual cover photo with larger visuals for tabs; Friend Activity featuring what your friends are saying about Macy's; larger stories, highlighting a photo or video album with a doublewide image; pin posts, which keep a post at the top of Macy's Page for seven days; and a milestones photo and content timeline citing key moments in Macy's more than 150-year history.
Macy's said it currently has more than 4.5 million Facebook fans.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...