Robbie Sumberg -- Home Textiles Today, 2/13/2012 2:00:00 AM
PARIS - This year, three clear trends emerged at Maison et Objet from the enormous diversity of products offered.
We once again saw a strong presence of top-name fashion brands, which share their sophisticated styling with the world of household linens through licensing. In terms of style, we saw the vintage look and graphic tonality becoming increasingly important in the new collections presented. Lastly, we saw the desire for all things natural and eco-friendly becoming expressed more clearly and more tangibly.
Many home textiles exhibitors were clearly inspired by the graphic prints and vintage chic of the 1950s. The colors are bold and vital and the patterns geometric - psychedelic, even - to say nothing of the folk spirit evoked by patchwork.
Exhibitors also showed sensitivity to the natural world.
From the choice of raw materials to manufacturing techniques, the textiles sector is at the cutting edge of sustainable development. Manufacturers are also adopting materials like linen, bamboo, natural silk and hemp, as well as recycling techniques.
This taste for recycling objects, celebrating the references created by reclaiming natural materials and embracing sustainable development bring with them new perspective on the world as part of the same quest for authenticity and simplicity.
Ethnic chic was the sector to visit for those seeking new ambience from near and far. The rich mosaic of opportunities to mix industrial with ethnic and materials with techniques in response to the need of contemporary interiors for eclecticism and personal identity. It offered an enormous wealth of inspiration for decorative looks that take us well off the beaten track to places where style borders no longer exist.
We would love your feedback!
- Feb 23, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...