Sikalis Promoted at GLM
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/23/2012 2:00:00 AM
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Penny Sikalis has been named vp of business development at trade show organizer GLM.
In her new role Sikalis will be responsible for new show launches and potential show acquisitions.
Prior to GLM, Sikalis served more than 17 years in the home textiles and fashion industries, including marketing and communications positions with the former Springs Industries (Wamsutta division) and Dawson Home Fashions as well as Gear Holdings, a licensing and design firm.
She joined GLM in 1994 and was named vice president in 2000. She has held management positions for the New York Home Textiles Show segment of the New York International Gift Fair, Ex-Tracts, GLM Temporaries at the Dallas International Gift & Home Market, Global Home Décor, Global Home Textiles and Surtex.
She will report to GLM ceo Charles McCurdy and maintain her current position as vp/show manager for Surtex.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...