Monterey Mills to name student winners of Design-A-Throw competition
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/10/2012 11:29:48 AM
Janesville, Wis. - Knitted pile fabric supplier Monterey Mills has chosen the winners of its "Design-A-Throw" competition, and will be distributing the awards at an event on March 6 at the Savannah School of Art and Design.
Sponsored by Monterey Mills' Denali Home Collection and Designathrow.com, the Design-A-Throw competition drew more than one hundred students from across the country to participate.
Their assignment: design a throw to be added to Denali's 2012 collection.
"Our goal was to utilize the talents of students to develop new designs into the line. We were not only overwhelmed by the response from numerous design schools that participated but were also amazed at the level of creativity," said Daniel Sinykin, president and ceo. "We are awarding the top five designs but many of them may become part of our line in the future."
The winning students will be honored at the event, scheduled at 1 p.m.
The Denali Home Collection was established in 1998 and centered on rustic and Western designs. This last year, the company reinvented the line, adding home décor and nautical patterns to round out its selection.
"In the past, we added three or four new patterns a year," Sinykin noted. "This year, we added 20, and are very excited about the future."
We would love your feedback!
- Mar 16, 2012
- May 11, 2011
- Apr 20, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...