Family Dollar Taps White for evp-chief Merchandising Officer Post
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/2/2012 2:00:00 AM
MATTHEWS, N.C. - Family Dollar Stores Inc. has promoted Paul White to the position of executive vp - chief merchandising officer.
He reports to Michael Bloom, president and coo.
White joined Family Dollar in 2011 as svp, apparel, home and seasonal.
Before joining the company, he served as the past president, ceo and director of Goody's LLC. where he was credited with refocusing the merchandising and marketing strategies on the core customer while leading the company's exit from bankruptcy. His other retail career experience includes senior merchandising leadership roles at Shopko Stores and The May Department Stores Company.
"Through Paul's leadership and strategic vision, Family Dollar has created a compelling mix of discretionary merchandise which has led to a more fun place to shop for our customers," Bloom said. "Paul's promotion will help us continue to broaden our appeal and deliver greater value to our customers."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...