Macy's sues Martha Stewart over JCP deal
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/24/2012 9:36:46 AM
New York - Macy's has filed suit against Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in New York State Supreme Court over MSLO's pending deal to launch products exclusively with JCPenney in 2013.
According to the Wall Street Journal: "In its court filing, Macy's indicated it was seeking preliminary and permanent injunctions barring Martha Stewart Living from violating its contract, noting the Penney agreement would include products that fall within exclusive categories currently under the Macy's pact."
Last month, Penney took at 16.6% stake in MSLO and signed an exclusive merchandising deal that included home - the heart of the Stewart exclusive which launched at Macy's in 2007. The Macy's exclusive was in effect through 2012.
The pact with JCPenney calls for the development of a Martha Stewart ecommerce site as well as shop-in-shops at Penney stores.
Macy's filed suit yesterday - just ahead of JCPenney's presentation to analysts of its new strategy, which takes place tomorrow in Manhattan. So far, there's been no public response from JCP.
I fail to see the problem if Macy's exclusive with Martha Stewart was through 2012, and JCP is to begin 2013. Perhaps I am missing something in the story?Sandi Hammerstrom Oliverio - 2012-01-24 10:20:10 EST
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...