Heimtextil to Kick Off Winter Fair Season
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/19/2011 2:00:00 AM
FRANKFURT, GERMANY - The trend show at next month's Heimtextil international trade show here will feature "intensive colors," according to show organizer Messe Frankfurt.
As in recent years, the trend presentation will be set up in Forum 0 from Jan. 11-14. A team of designers from seven agencies in Europe, Great Britain and the United States assembled the trends by examining "social-cultural changes and important trends in the fields of architecture, fashion and design." The fair will include a program of lectures about design and market development. Agencies involved include: FranklinTill from Great Britain, Global Color Research from the United States, Promostyl from France and readymade Graeff+Schmelzer from Germany.
In addition, design specialists and representatives of the Heimtextil Trend Table will provide insights into their work and perspectives. Claudia Herke of design agency bora.herke.palmisa no will explain the Heimtextil Trends 2012/13 ‘Montage" three times a day.
For more information, visit www.texpertise-network.com.
Heimtextil will also present a program of speakers focused on the contract business and sustainability during the first three days of the fair in the foyer of Halls 5.1/6.1.
Opening day, Jan. 11, will be devoted to sustainability in production and product development. Beginning at 1 p.m. and continuing through the afternoon, experts on eco-textiles will discuss market developments and trends.
Sustainability for hotels will be the theme on Jan. 12, beginning with a 10 a.m. session on hospitality. At 1 p.m., a series of lectures and a panel discussion will look at innovative and sustainable hotel concepts.
Luxury in architecture and interior design will be the subject of the Jan. 13 program, which begins at 1 p.m.
In addition, the editors of the architectural magazine AIT will offer guided tours of new products at the show on Jan. 12 and 13.
All lectures will be translated simultaneously into English.
For additional information, visit www.heimtextil.messefrankfurt.com.
The January show is also hailing the return of a several European companies that had been absent in recent years. They include:
• Byron & Byron (Great Britain)
• Chivasso (The Netherlands)
• Elitis (France)
• Engelbert E. Stieger (Switzerland)
• Fabrics Castello del Barro (Italy)
• Hijos de Antonio Ferre (Spain)
• Nelen & Delbeke (Belgium)
• Nya Nordiska (Germany)
• Penelope (Turkey)
• SAHCO (Germany)
• Sarar (Turkey)
• Sonnhaus (Germany)
• Ter Molst (Belgium)
• Vamvax/Guy Laroche (Greece)
• Yebane (Spain)
• Vorwerk (Germany)
The premium section of the show will debut a segment called ‘new@more' featuring ideas for the bathroom, bedroom and table contributed by younger companies, including Peppa Grace and Robespierre Europe (both from Germany) as well as La Maison Blanc (Morocco ).
Also new, students from the Frankfurt School for Apparel and Fashion will create models demonstrating a wide range of applications for various types of home textiles.The display will be shown in Hall 11.0.
The Heimtextil goes City initiative, a collaboration of Messe Frankfurt and the Interior Decorators' Guild (Raumausstatterinnung), Frankfurt am Main, will present the latest products from the fair in the city centre on Saturday, Jan. 14. Approximately 30 specialty retailers, galleries and public institutes will show textiles in several cultural and everyday settings.
In addition, Heimtextil has created a new service for independent specialty retailers and interior decorators. The Coupon Business Finder is a theme-specific directory listing exhibitors at the upcoming 2012 show that offer home textiles in small and very small quantities.
Heimtextil will once again publish a Contract Guide listing exhibitors that cater to that segment of the market as well as a Green Directory of companies that meet ecological and sustainability requirements.
We would love your feedback!
- Dec 15, 2011
- Dec 2, 2011
- Dec 13, 2011
- Oct 20, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...