Spring 2012 Surtex to feature three-day conference program for industry players, old and new
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/19/2011 2:05:15 PM
New York - A three-day conference program targeting both veterans and newcomers alike to the art and design business will highlight the 26th edition of Surtex this spring.
Scheduled May 20 to 22, 2012, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center here, the 10-session conference is entitled "Art & Design Business Perspectives: Bottom Line Success for Designers, Manufacturers and Retailers" and will be "presented by experts and top industry pros drawn from many aspects of licensing, manufacturing, and retailing," noted Penny Sikalis, GLM vp and Surtex show manager.
Also on the conference "faculty," she added, are industry experts in e-tailing, e-communications, and social-networking.
Other sessions will focus on legal considerations and strategies, and explore future trends affecting the art licensing industry.
Sikalis said the upcoming Surtex is being organized "so information builds on itself as the conference program unfolds...Attendees can go from beginner to graduate school."
The show claims to be the only marketplace in North America dedicated to the sale and licensing of art for products of all kinds. It annually draws about 6,000 manufacturers, retailers, and other product developers from around the world.
Sessions start on May 20, with fundamentals, designed to cover the basics of art licensing for newcomers to the licensing business and first-timers at Surtex -- artists, designers, manufacturers, retailers and product developers are all welcome.
Day Two -- May 21 -- is all about operations, aimed at manufacturers, retailers, agents, established artists and licensors, as well as anyone in a creative, product development or licensing capacity interested in staying current, Sikalis explained.
Day Three -- May 22 - will provide insights for industry insiders, including manufacturers/licensees, retailers, artists, designers, agents and other product developers.
Online registration is open and can be accessed at www.SURTEX.com. Registrants may purchase a full conference package, daily tracks, as well as individual sessions. Advance rates apply through May 4, 2012. Tickets are limited and sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...