Walmart Customer Shopping Carefully
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/21/2011 2:00:00 AM
BENTONVILLE, ARK.- Same-store sales for Walmart U.S. finally eked into positive territory during the third quarter after nine consecutive quarters of decline, but the retailer said its core customer remains hard-pressed.
"While we feel good about the progress in our stores, our customers remain concerned about jobs, and only one in 10 Walmart Moms that we surveyed view the state of the U.S. economy as good.They want to save money. They're juggling credit cards, using coupons, and skipping restaurants and vacations. There is a real sense that the economic strain is taking its toll," said Mike Duke, president and ceo of Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
In pre-recorded remarks about the quarter released earlier this month, Walmart U.S. president and ceo Bill Simon said slow housing
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...