Sascha Bopp to Succeed Turf as Crate and Barrel ceo
Gary Evans -- Home Textiles Today, 11/21/2011 2:00:00 AM
NORTHBROOK, ILL. - President and ceo Barbara Turf plans to retire after 40 years with home furnishings retailer Crate and Barrel. She will be succeeded by company executives Sascha Bopp as ceo and Marta Calle as president, the retailer announced.
Turf's departure is planned for early spring. Calle, who will be in charge of merchandising and marketing, will report to Bopp when they assume the new positions in April.
Bopp is currently chief operating officer and Calle is director of CB2, a Crate and Barrel retail concept.
In its announcement, the company said Turf has played an integral role in the growth and success of Crate and Barrel. She was named president in 1996 and ceo in 2008. During her tenure, she spearheaded the launch of CB2 in 2000 and introduced children's retailer The Land of Nod to the Crate and Barrel family of brands in 2001.
Before joining the retailer in 2009, Bopp was managing director and chief financial officer at Primondo GmbH, a $6 billion German multi-channel retailer.
With more than 20 years of retail experience as a buyer and product developer, Calle joined Crate and Barrel in 2000 as a product development consultant. She took on the leadership of CB2 in 2004 and was named director in 2008. The company said Calle has grown CB2 into a multi-channel business across the United States. "Thanks in large measure to Barbara Turf's leadership as ceo and president, Crate and Barrel is well-positioned to extend our reach as a global home furnishing brand and design leader," said Hans-Otto Schrader, ceo of the Otto Group, of which Crate and Barrel is a part.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...