New ceo Named for Trade Show Organizer GLM
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/7/2011 2:00:00 AM
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Just two months following its acquisition of trade show producer George Little Management, owner Providence Equity Partners last week announced a change in top management.
Longtime GLM executives Alan Steel, Jeff Little and Jack Withiam will be leaving the company.
Charles McCurdy, ceo of GLM Holdings, will serve as operating ceo for the trade show business. Prior to joining GLM Holdings, McCurdy was ceo of Canon Communications, which produces trade shows, publications and digital and data services.
Doug Smith, formerly cfo of online marketing company Education Dynamics will become cfo and chief administrative officer for both the holding company and the operating business.
Steel, who has long served as GLM president, will remain with the firm for an advisory period to help with the transition, as will Little, whose family founded the business, and Withiam, senior vp.
"GLM is well-positioned in the trade show industry," said McCurdy. "Our strategy of creating both face-to-face and online, buying, selling and networking platforms for our customers will create opportunities for expanded growth. With the acquisition of GLM by Providence Equity, the company is now positioned to begin its next chapter, which will continue to build and evolve on GLM's long history of facilitating buyers and sellers in the specialty retail space."
Steel added, "Jeff, Jack and I are proud of the great company we have created in GLM. Now that we have successfully guided the company through the recession and managed the successful sale to Providence Equity, we are handing off the stewardship of the company to new leadership. We wish Charlie, Doug and Providence the best of success with GLM."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...