Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/7/2011 2:00:00 AM
Sam's Club last week launched an ecommerce site dedicated to holiday shopping and an enhanced mobile app to streamline the buying experience.
Through Dec. 24, members and non-members can connect to SamsClub.com/gifts, a PC/iPad/tablet/smartphone-friendly site that offers tips about preparing and decorating the home, entertaining, giving presents and meal planning.
The site features a "Holiday Value of the Day" including online exclusives, gifts with free shipping and instant savings. It also provides digital versions of Gift Guide and Entertaining Catalogs, a listing of weekly savings events, holiday hours, and shipping cut-off dates.
Macy's launched mBGlog at macys.com/mblog two weeks ago, offering how-to videos, trend information, product reviews and news about new product launches, in-store events and major sales.
Each day, the blog focuses on a specific product category. Thursdays will be dedicated to information about home.
Home section features will include ideas for decorating the home. Tips from celebrity chefs on Macy's Culinary Council, gift guides and regular posts from FoodRepublic.com.
Sears Holdings late last month debuted localized digital ads at searslocalad.com and kmartlocalad.com that provide customers with real-time stock checks, pricing and special offers available at their area Sears and Kmart stores.
Customers can shop by category, create shopping lists and share lists or send lists to their mobile devices. Reward members can all preview upcoming sale items and will soon be about to collect points within the local ad section.
Lowe's has introduced an integrated online feature to help consumers manage their homes called MyLowe's at Lowes.com/MyLowes.
A MyLowes card or key fob helps customers track all of their Lowe's purchases regardless of whether they took place in-store or online. Customers can also create rooms online and store floor dimensions, track a paint formula after checkout and access product manuals from product detail pages.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...