Costco Earnings up in 4Q
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/10/2011 2:00:00 AM
ISSAQUAH, WASH. - Costco Wholesale's profit jumped 10.6% during its recently concluded fourth quarter - falling just shy of expectations but marking the third straight quarter of strong growth.
Net income for the quarter ended Aug. 28 was $478 million, or $1.08 per shared, compared to net income of $432 million, or 97 cents per share, during the year-ago period.
Sales jumped 17% to $23.6 billion, with U.S. merchandise comps (excluding the impact of gasoline sales) up 6%.
Net income for the fiscal year climbed 12.3% to $1.46 billion, or $3.30 per share.
Sales rose 14% to $87 billion, with merchandise comps in the United States up 5%.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...