Retailers Update Guidance
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/10/2011 2:00:00 AM
NEW YORK - September results prompted four retailers to alter their guidance for future quarters.
JCPenney now expects third quarter comps to come in flat to last year. After charges, the retailers is forecasting a loss of 12 to 7 cents per share. Previously, Penney has expected earnings per share of up to 25 cents.
Kohl's said lease accounting changes will reduce earnings to 73 cents to 79 cents per share for the third quarter. Fiscal year earnings are now expected to be $4.34 to $4.49 per share versus the previous guidance of $4.45 to $4.60 per diluted share.
Macy's Inc. now believes its third quarter same-store sales will hit the high end of its earlier guidance of 4% to 4.5%
Ross Stores raised its projected third quarter earnings per share to $1.16 to $1.18. It previously forecasted EPS of $1 to $1.04.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...