Safavieh, Easton to Launch Indian Sojourn ikat Collection at High Point
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/10/2011 2:00:00 AM
PORT WASHINGTON, N.Y. - Safavieh and David Easton, its designer license partner, architect and interior decorator, will jointly present their new Indian Sojourn collection of upscale area rugs during the upcoming High Point Market.
Indian Sojourn comprises eight colorful ikat designs that have been hand-knotted in India of 100% wool for Safavieh Couture. The company said it developed a special Soumak weave to capture the handmade character of ikat textiles that Easton had collected during his travels.
The collection's launch kicks off with a themed party featuring Indian-style refreshments and a signing e vent for Easton's book "Timeless Elegance," at 3 p.m. Oct. 23 at Safavieh's Market Square showroom in suite 120.
The names of the rug patterns - including Bengal Diamond, Jaipur Zig Zag, Goya Stripe and Hyderabad Garden -- reflect the Indian heritage of the design. A 6-b-9 is set to retail for $999.
The Indian Sojourn collection follows Easton's African-inspired Peshawar rug series introduced in 2010, and the 2009 debut collection of designs "tracing the cultural diffusion of weaving crafts as far back as the Silk Road travels of Marco Polo," Safavieh said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...