Lenzing, Tencel earn USDA certification
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/4/2011 2:39:29 PM
New York - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has certified Tencel and Lenzing FR fibers as 100% Biobased.
The certification is part of the government's BioPreferred program, which encourages agencies and contractors to purchase products that are biobased or made from significant amounts of biobased materials. The program is intended to boost the U.S. government's use of eco-friendly products and to support the farmers, suppliers, and manufacturers who provide "green" jobs and create more sustainable products and markets.
Textile products made with at least 25% Lenzing FR or Tencel and manufactured in a designated country may be eligible to apply for biobased preferred procurement status. Lenzing can assist customers with the application and certification process.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...