Filene's packs it in
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/2/2011 2:43:52 PM
Wilmington, Delaware - Filene's Basement has filed for bankruptcy here for the third and final time, announcing it will liquidate its stores along with apparel discounter Syms, which bought Filene's out of bankruptcy a little over two years ago in partnership with realty/investment firm Vornado.
Filene's, which also restructured under Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the 1990s, expects GOB sales to conclude in January, according to a statement. Together, Filene's and Syms operate 46 stores, most of them on the East Coast.
In addition to the impact of the slack economy, ceo Marcy Syms cited stepped up competition from department stores and "a decline in buying opportunities as brand name labels have reduced overruns by improving their supply chain management."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...