IFDA-NY reveals honorees for Rising Stars event
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/31/2011 1:53:53 PM
New York - New York City's International Furnishings & Design Association (IFDA) is staging its fifth annual a "Rising Stars" program to honor three up-and-coming interior designers and three "starlets" from premier design schools here.
The honorees are:
- Tilton Fenwick, a boutique interior design firm started in 2010 by Anne Maxwell Foster and Suysel dePedro Cunningham that "embraces the unexpected in both color and pattern while always infusing comfort."
- Nick Olsen, who trained as an architect but discovered he "lacked the necessary patience for plumbing and electrical outlets to pursue the profession." While learning the business of decorating from Miles Redds he refurbished his own studio apartment, which landed on the cover of Domino magazine in 2006. He became Domino's resident "Deal Hunter" and continued assisting Redds until launching his own firm in early 2010.
- Ron Marvin, whose look has been described as "gentleman's chic," spent more than 12 years in the visual merchandising departments of Gap, Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, West Elm, Hold Everything, and Williams-Sonoma Home before opening his own firm.
The event takes place Nov. 14 at the New York Design Center at 200 Lexington Ave. in suite 505. Networking and refreshments begin at 5:30 p.m., followed by the presentation and a question-and-answer session at 6:40 p.m.
Admission is $20 for IFDA members and $40 for guests; free for IFDA student members and $20 for student guests. Registration is required by Nov. 18 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...