High Point Market bus ridership up 10% from April, board told
Larry Thomas -- Home Textiles Today, 10/28/2011 3:17:14 PM
High Point, N.C. - Preliminary figures show a 10% increase in ridership on the High Point Market's shuttle system compared with the April market, the High Point Market Authority Board was told Wednesday.
Tammy Nagem, chief operating officer of the Market Authority, also told the board there was a 12% increase in room nights booked at the more than 100 hotels that sell rooms through the market's booking system.
Market Authority President Tom Conley also told board members that the scanning of market badges as attendees entered showroom buildings this week will provide the authority with valuable data about traffic patterns and shopping habits. He said badge scanning, which was in widespread use for the first time at this market, is being expanded to include some market events such as the free concerts in the Showplace parking lot.
"Everything that we do going forward will have an analytical approach," Conley said during a presentation to the board. "Numbers are going to be a significant part of our decision-making process."
He said he hopes the data will shed light on when and where buyers prefer to shop, how long they stay in High Point, and what types of vendors they see.
"Ultimately, we need to encourage (retailers) to bring more people and spend more time here," said Conley.
He said Premarket, which typically is held about a month before the market, will continue to be a key part of the group's promotional efforts.
"It's important for building enthusiasm for market," he said.
We would love your feedback!
- Dec 15, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...