Family Dollar to Step up Openings
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/21/2011 7:36:54 AM
Family Dollar wrapped up its fiscal year by turning in its 14th consecutive quarter of double-digit earnings increases and said it will return to the aggressive store opening pace that characterized its expansion prior to the recession.
During the new fiscal year, which began Aug. 28, the retailer plans to open 450-500 new stores - including its entry into California - and remodel approximately 1,000 of its more than 7,000 units.
Earnings per share rose 19.1% to $3.12 for the fiscal year. Sales rose 8.7% to $8.5 billion.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...