Sears named new Ralph Lauren Home president
Li adds sales and merchandising
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/14/2011 4:08:30 PM
New York -- Ian Sears, who has been chief marketing officer for Restoration Hardware, has been named to one of the most high profile jobs in home furnishings: president of Ralph Lauren Home.
The announcement, just released, is accompanied by the news that William Li, currently vp of marketing, advertising and communications for Ralph Lauren Home, has been promoted to senior vp, overseeing sales and merchandising as well as retaining his current responsibilities.
Both appointments come with the pending retirement of Frank Guzzetta as president. He will assist in the transition, the company said. Under Guzzetta, Ralph Lauren Home undertook a number of significant moves including taking over direct control of most of its home textiles program from licensee WestPoint Home, as well as new licensees in furniture and floor coverings.
Sears, who has also been senior vp in charge of direct-to-consumer business at Restoration Hardware, is a home industry veteran who earlier held senior positions with Macy's and Williams Sonoma. He will oversee all Ralph Lauren Home brands including Lauren, Chaps and American Living and report to Jackwyn Nemerov, executive vp of wholesale brands, licensed products, sourcing, merchandising, home and Asia Pacific.
Li, who joined the company in August of 2010 following 18 years with Conde Nast, will also oversee planning and European business development for home. He reports to Sears and David Lauren executive vp of global advertising, marketing and communications.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...