Online home furnishings retailer Dering Hall debuts
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/14/2011 12:47:39 PM
New York - Last week marked the launch of Dering Hall, an online design marketplace that connects interior designers, architects, artisans and dealers with consumers shopping for high-end and custom home furnishings.
Hearst Magazines has taken an equity position in the venture and is providing and online media collaborations with Hearst's leading shelter titles Elle Décor, House Beautiful and Veranda."
Designer products from the magazines and their related websites can be purchased through Dering Hall's "featured sales" section.
Furniture comprises a feature category, although Dering Hall also offers high-end rugs, decorative pillows, lighting and décor.
The lone bedding available at launch consisted of three hand-embroidered sets (duvet cover, fitted sheet, flat sheet, two cases and two sham covers) designed by Amanda Nisbet (and executed by Sferra) for the 39th Annual Kips Bay Boys & Girls Decorators Show House.
Each king-sized set retails for $1,595.
"It's an entirely new approach to furnishing a home - and one that makes hunting for that perfect bespoke sideboard a dynamic and enjoyable experience," said Steven Gambrel, the interior designer who co-founded Dering Hall with design industry entrepreneur Peter Sallick.
Dering Hall users can connect with designers and access their online storefronts, as well as receive email updates on new merchandise and special events.
They also can search for designers by category or location through the site's designer directory; post on Facebook about product and designers; search, save and share products; and read editorial content including designer profiles and how-to design articles.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...