Shaw kicks off Design-A-Rug Challenge for Special Olympics athletes
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/7/2011 2:23:50 PM
Dalton, Ga. - Shaw Industries Inc. is launching its new Shaw Design-A-Rug Challenge, open to all athletes taking part in the Special Olympics Georgia 2011 State Fall Games October 21 to 23.
The company said this new challenge is "designed to provide a unique Dalton, Georgia-inspired educational experience through enticing creativity and fun" for the 1,500 athletes expected to participate in the games.
Shaw is an event sponsor this year, supporting the Opening Ceremony on Oct. 21 at the Dalton Trade Center, and awards presentations for all sporting competitions.
From the pool of Design-A-Rug Challenge creative submissions, one design will be chosen to appear on a 5-x-8 Shaw-made area rug. This specially designed rug will be awarded to the winning participant and will also be displayed in the Special Olympics Georgia headquarters for visitors to enjoy for years to come. Athletes can find a form in the Special Olympics Georgia 2011 program or in the October Special Olympics Georgia e-newsletter, and will also have a chance to design on-premises during the Opening Ceremony event.
Forms must be postmarked by November 11, and the winning design will be announced by November 30. Shaw said it will begin accepting submissions now.
"We hope that the Shaw Design-A-Rug Challenge will provide an exciting opportunity for the athletes to participate in a creative challenge associated with the flooring industry, which is such an integral part of the Dalton, Ga. community," said Vance Bell, ceo, Shaw. "The priority is to ensure that the participants have fun, and that their families feel welcomed by our community. We are eager to see the designs the athletes create for a Shaw area rug."
This year's State Fall Games will consist of a variety of sports competitions, including softball, bocce, cycling, long-distance walking and running, and golf. Shaw associates will volunteer during competitions at select venues throughout Dalton, including Heritage Point Park, Knob North Golf Club and Downtown Dalton Square.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...